The High Plains Chapter was formally accepted and recognized by the Texas Association for Play Therapy in April of 2018. We serve the Texas counties of Lubbock, Potter, Andrews, Ector, Midland, and surrounding rural counties.
- seek to advance the discipline of play therapy
- conduct and foster programs of education in the field of play therapy
- promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual
- advance high standards of professional conduct by conducting educational and professional meetings and conferences
- inform and educate the general public and the mental health community about the play therapy profession
- establish contacts with various organizations for support and educational pursuits
- advocate for the rights of children, their families, and significant others